Non-Profit Case Manager - Montgomery, AL
Non-Profit Case Manager
PangeaTwo is partnering with a highly respected non-profit to identify a Case manager. The ideal candidate will have experience in healthcare or social work and case management, community outreach or intake. The person in this role with be comfortable communicating with both internal and external clients.
- Provide prompt and effective outreach management and services, maintaining frequent contact with clients
- Gather documentation and complete paperwork required for enrollment, following up on enrollment progress
- Help veterans get access to appointments when needed by supporting veterans in identifying health care needs, and working collaboratively with heath care teams to facilitate access to care
- Assist veterans in utilizing available services including preventative health care
- Help veterans identify and modify barriers to adhering to recommended health care plans, maintaining housing stability and improving veterans’ overall functioning
- Assist veterans in understanding and communicating with providers to make informed decisions about health care
- Provide education or create linkages for veterans to learn about wellness related topics
- Effectively communicate the Priority Veteran program to prospective clients, landlords and community.
- Follow up on all inquiries in a timely manner, and accurately conduct eligibility determinations following grant guidelines.
- Utilize progressive engagement to provide effective case management including regular home visits, assessment, development of case plans, housing counseling, referrals, etc. to create housing stability.
- Actively manage a caseload of approximately 25 veterans
- Maintain accurate and timely case documents
- Military experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in case management
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Rotating work schedule to include evening, weekend and on-call for occasional special events