$50K - $55K
Our partner in Birmingham, AL is searching for Credentialing Specialist to join their team. This position is responsible for initiating the credentialing process and serving as a liaison for providers in the process. If you have this kind of experience, please apply today!
Responsibilities will include:
- Serve as liaison for providers in the credentialing process. Assist in resolving problems on a timely basis.
- Initiate the credentialing process upon receipt of application. Review provider and primary source responses. Refer all responses not meeting the company’s credentialing criteria to the person.
- Maintain computerized provider system, including preparing data conversions for network providers, and entering current credentialing/quality assurance information.
- Verify and update provider information upon request or receipt of incorrect provider claim(s).
- Assist in preparation and set-up of Provider Relations meetings and panels.
- Prepare reports as requested.
- Maintain all information in a confidential manner.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures as directed.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as directed.
- High school diploma, some college preferred
- 3 years extensive data entry experience
- Minimum 60 WPM typing
- Proficiency in MS Word and Access required
- Strong computer skills (i.e., advanced internet searches, multiple special programs)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Good organization and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines/handle interruptions/problem-solve
- Cooperative attitude and self-starter
- Superior disposition and telephone communication skills
- Dependability and punctuality
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision
- Alabama driver’s license and dependable transportation