$105,000 - $140,000
The Performance Engineer is responsible for end-to-end performance test management which includes but is not limited to designing, implementing, and supporting performance testing systems and strategies to ensure that applications maintain optimal resiliency under changing user loads and no bugs or errors reach the end users.
- Plans testing activities milestones: Identifies and analyzes risks and their potential business impact to determine proper prioritization of the testing activities; Suggests and handles mitigations and escalations as part of risk assessment.
- Create and execute performance test plans which ensure all important performance capabilities of the system under test are assessed.
- Collaborate with operations, business, and development resources to identify correct workloads and to mitigate performance bottlenecks throughout the entire application stack
- Present Status, analyze results, and work collaboratively with the partner organization to develop recommendations to enhance product performance and user experience.
- Participate in project meetings, ensure that engagement work products and deliverables are of the highest quality to ensure client satisfaction, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Provides input on test estimations; plans resource needs and ensures effective task allocation.
- Troubleshoot test environment issues; ensuring the test environments are operational before any tests are executed.
- Report performance-related defects to Delivery teams; work with these teams to support further debugging and root-cause analysis.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology, or related field is required.
- Minimum 5+ years of Performance Engineering experience
- Experience in defining performance-testing approach, strategy, and test plan.
- In-depth knowledge and working experience with HP LoadRunner, Performance Center, or Open-Source performance testing tools (Apache JMeter & Gatling)
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL), C, C++, C# or Java programming, and automated testing methodologies -Preferred
- Familiarity with container technologies - preferred
- Strong communication and organizational skills are required
- Understand performance parameters and assess application performance and contribute to application performance improvement.
- Identifying performance issues using Performance Diagnostics Tool, analyzing the results, and sharing the observations with the stakeholders.
At our clients’ request, only individuals with required experience will be considered.
Please note - if you have recently submitted your resume to a PangeaTwo posting, your qualifications will be considered for other open opportunities.
Your resume will never be submitted to a client without your prior knowledge and consent to do so.